When it comes to vehicle safety, your brake system is at the top of the list.
Knowing the key warning signs that your brakes may need maintenance will go a long way toward keeping you and others safe on the road.
Motorists should watch out for the following seven signs and have their brakes inspected if any of the following occur:
- Noise: screeching, grinding or clicking noises when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: vehicle pulls to one side while braking.
- Low Pedal: brake pedal nearly touches the floor before engaging.
- Hard Pedal: must apply extreme pressure to the pedal before brakes engage.
- Grabbing: brakes grab at the slightest touch to the pedal.
- Vibration: brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions.
- Light: brake light is illuminated on your vehicle’s dashboard.
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, it may be time to book in for a brake repair.
Alternatively, stop by Automotive Hospital for your FREE vehicle health check which will be carried out on the spot. Bookings are not essential so if you are having car or mechanical problems, pop on in.
Please feel free to call us on (02) 9716 8888 for more information.