Unfortunately, breakdowns can be inevitable. No matter the year, make or model of your vehicle, there is a chance it could breakdown unexpectedly. It could be loss of power, smoke coming from under the bonnet or even a flat tyre.
No matter what causes your vehicle to breakdown, it’s important to be prepared in case you ever find yourself in this kind of situation.
Automotive Hospital has compiled some steps for you to follow;
– Find a safe spot to pull over such as an emergency breakdown area
– Park your vehicle as far to the left as possible
– Always activate your hazard lights
– Activate your parking lights in poor light
– When leaving your vehicle always check for traffic
– Leave your vehicle from the passenger side if possible
– Avoid crossing the road at all times
– Stand clear of the road. Move behind a safety barrier if safe
– Stay in your vehicle with your seatbelt on if it’s not safe to leave
If you’ve had a car service of your vehicle with Automotive Hospital within six months, you’re automatically an Automotive Hospital AutoCare member.